Sriracha is a popular hot sauce made from chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, and sugar. It has a bold, spicy flavor that can be used to add heat to a variety of dishes. However, traditional sriracha can be a bit too spicy for some people. That’s where coconut sriracha comes in.
Coconut sriracha is a milder version of sriracha that is made with coconut milk or cream. This gives it a slightly sweet and creamy flavor that balances out the heat. It’s also a good source of healthy fats, which can help to boost your metabolism and give you sustained energy.
In this article, we will show you how to make your own coconut sriracha at home. It’s a simple and easy process that only takes a few minutes. And once you have it made, you’ll be able to enjoy it on all of your favorite dishes.
What Is Coconut Sriracha? And What Are The Ingredients In It?
Coconut sriracha is a type of chili sauce that combines sriracha sauce with a hint of coconut, usually in the form of milk. It is made from ingredients such as white sugar, vinegar, coconut milk, fresh red chili, salt, garlic, and vegetable gum. It can be used for various purposes, such as adding flavor and soft heat to dishes, making dips and dressings, marinating and glazing meats and vegetables, and enhancing soups and sauces.
One of the most active players in the coconut sriracha realm is Marion’s, and their coconut sriracha is all natural, gluten free as well as non-gmo. However, it could trigger allergic reactions as it is made IN A FACILITY THAT ALSO PROCESSES CRUSTACEA, FISH, PEANUTS, TEE NUTS, SESAME AND SOYBEAN.
What Does Coconut Sriracha Taste Like?
Coconut sriracha is definitely a milder version of sriracha with a tropical twist. Think of it this way: cool and creamy, then with undernotes of chili. With coconut sriracha, you get to taste some coconut essence in a sriracha sauce.
Is Coconut Sriracha Hot?
Coconut sriracha is a hot sauce, but not as hot as regular sriracha (has about 1000 SHU compared to regular sriracha’s 1000 to 2500 SHU), although some may perceive it just as hot as regular sriracha, due to their low level of heat tolerance. (You know, everyone’s different!)
The coconut milk in the sauce helps to balance the heat and add some creaminess and sweetness.
If purchasing from a brand, the spiciness of the sauce also depends on the amount and type of chili used. The hotter the chili, the hotter your sriracha becomes, and vice versa.
- • 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- • 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- • 1 tablespoon almond butter
- • 1 teaspoon honey
- • 1 teaspoon tamari
- • 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk until
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How To Make Marion’s Coconut Sriracha Sauce
Alternatively, you can also try to replicate Marion’s coconut sriracha sauce by using their original ingredients. You will need the following ingredients:
- Sriracha Sauce 1 Cup
- Coconut Milk 1 Cup
- Coconut Oil 2 Tbsp
- Fry sauce in coconut oil for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add coconut milk and cook for 10 min, or until the oil separates from the sauce.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a month.
What To Eat With Coconut Sriracha?
Coconut sriracha sauce is a versatile and delicious condiment that can be used to enhance a variety of dishes. Whether you want to add some heat and sweetness to your breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack, there is a coconut sriracha recipe for you. Here are some of the best ways to enjoy coconut sriracha sauce with your food:
- Coconut sriracha chicken bowl: This is a simple and satisfying meal that features crispy air-fried chicken strips coated in coconut sriracha sauce, served over rice with fresh vegetables and herbs.
- Sriracha beef burgers: These are juicy and flavorful burgers made with ground pork, garlic, ginger, and cilantro, topped with melted cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a generous drizzle of coconut sriracha sauce. You can make these burgers in a skillet or on a grill.
- Char siu bacon and eggs with sriracha mayo: This is a hearty and indulgent breakfast that features crispy char siu bacon (Chinese-style barbecue pork), soft-boiled eggs, toasted bread, and a creamy sriracha mayo made with mayonnaise, coconut sriracha sauce, and lime juice.
- Roasted coconut sriracha cauliflower: This is a vegan and gluten-free side dish that transforms cauliflower into a spicy and crunchy snack. The cauliflower florets are tossed with coconut sriracha sauce, oil, salt, and pepper, and roasted in the oven until golden and crisp. You can serve them with more sauce for dipping or sprinkled with sesame seeds and cilantro.
- Spicy honey butter fried chicken: This is a mouthwatering dish that features crispy fried chicken pieces coated in a sweet and spicy sauce made with honey, butter, coconut sriracha sauce, and vinegar. The sauce adds a sticky and glossy finish to the chicken, making it irresistible. You can enjoy this dish with rice, salad, or bread.
Coconut Sriracha Nutrition
Coconut sriracha is a spicy sauce made with coconut milk, chili peppers, sugar, vinegar, garlic, and salt. It is a low-calorie condiment that adds flavor and heat to many dishes. Here is a table of the nutrition facts for one serving (5 ml) of coconut sriracha:
|9||1 g||1.7 g||0 g||2 g||0 g||230 mg|