If you love the tangy, sweet, and spicy flavor of buffalo sauce, you’re going to love this recipe for sriracha ketchup. It’s the perfect combination of all three flavors, and it’s so easy to make.
In this article, I’ll show you how to make this delicious condiment in just a few minutes. I’ll also share some tips for using it on your favorite foods.
Can You Mix Sriracha With Ketchup?
Yes, you can mix sriracha with ketchup, and when you do that, you get a sauce that has the best of both worlds.
It has a rich red color and a complex flavor that is sweet, sour, spicy and savory.
It’s great on a lot of things including using it to add more zing to BBQ sauce, salad and sandwiches.
Sriracha Ketchup Ingredients And Their Roles
Sriracha ketchup like we mentioned above, combines sriracha and ketchup, but it can also contain other ingredients as well depending on the recipe.
The main ingredients in sriracha ketchup and their roles are:
- Sriracha: I’m sure you already know this one. It’s the hot chili sauce that adds spiciness and flavor to the ketchup. It is made of fermented chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, salt and sugar.
- Ketchup: This is a tomato-based sauce that adds sweetness and tanginess to the sriracha. It is made like sriracha, except that it uses tomatoes and spices in place of chili peppers.
- Honey: This is a natural sweetener that balances the heat and acidity of the sriracha and ketchup. It also adds a smooth texture to the sauce.
- Lime juice: This is a citrus juice that adds freshness and brightness to the sauce.
- Cilantro: This is a herb that complements the Asian origin of sriracha. It adds a burst of color and aroma to the sauce.
- Rice vinegar: This can serve as a substitute for the lime juice as they function in the same manner: add acidity and depth to the sauce, and also help preserve the sauce for longer.
- • 1/2 cup ketchup
- • 2 tablespoons sriracha
- • 1 tablespoon honey
- • 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed juice from 1 lime
- • 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- • Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until well combined.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness, spiciness or acidity as needed.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Enjoy with your favorite foods!
Tips For Using Sriracha Ketchup
Sriracha ketchup is a versatile sauce that can be used on many dishes. Here are some tips for using it:
- Use it as a dip for fried foods or baked snacks.
- Use it as a spread for burgers, sandwiches, wraps or tacos.
- Use it as a dressing for salads.
- Use it as a marinade or glaze for meat.
- Use it as an ingredient for making meatloaf and meatballs.
- Use it as a base for soups and sauces.
- Use it as a topping for pizza, pasta or rice dishes.
There are endless possibilities for using this delicious sauce. You can also experiment with adding other ingredients to customize it to your liking. For example:
- Add some mayonnaise or yogurt to make it creamier.
- Add some mustard or horseradish to make it more tangy.
- Add some garlic or ginger to make it more aromatic.
- Add some soy sauce or fish sauce to make it more savory.
- Add some curry powder or cumin to make it more exotic.
The sky is the limit when it comes to making your own sriracha ketchup.