You’re surely familiar with the renowned Sriracha sauce, but have you ever stumbled upon something known as Sriracha seasoning? Bet you haven’t!
In the following piece, we’re going to explore the world of Sriracha seasoning. From its composition to how to utilize it in your kitchen, we’ll delve into various methods to add this exciting seasoning to your culinary repertoire.
What Is Sriracha Seasoning Made Of?
Sriracha seasoning is like taking the famous Sriracha sauce and turning it into a handy sprinkle-on spice, with a few finishing touches here and there. It’s a dry blend that aims to capture the spicy kick and flavor of its saucy counterpart.
The usual suspects in this mix include dried crushed chillis, dried red bell peppers, paprika, garlic, vinegar solids, sugar, and salt. Now, keep in mind that these ingredients might shift around a bit depending on the brand you’re dealing with. But in general, this combo comes together to create a punchy seasoning that can add some real zing to your dishes.
What Does Sriracha Seasoning Taste Like?
With Sriracha seasoning, you’re getting that sweet and sour taste combined with a good kick of heat and garlic, but don’t expect it to be a perfect match to the sauce itself, because it’s dried!
The bright red color sure catches the eye, and the texture adds a whole new dimension to your food.
Is Sriracha Seasoning Spicy?
You know how Sriracha sauce gives that mild to medium kick? This seasoning dances around the same spice level.
Some folks might find Sriracha seasoning just the right amount of spicy, while others might shrug and say it’s too tame. Hey, spice tolerance is a personal thing, right? The good news is, if you’re whipping up a batch at home, you’re the DJ of this spicy mix. Throw in more chili peppers if you’re feeling adventurous, or hold back if you’re catering to a milder crowd.
What Do You Use Sriracha Seasoning For?
A lot of things actually. Here are a few of the many things you can use sriracha seasoning for.
- Dipping Sauce: Got some fried munchies like chicken nuggets or onion rings? Mix sriracha seasoning with mayo or yogurt, and you’ve got yourself a tangy, zingy dip that’s just begging for a double-dunk.
- Condiment Kingpin: Burgers, hot dogs, tacos – you name it, and a sprinkle of sriracha seasoning can take it from good to “Can I have seconds?” Mix it with your favorite condiments like ketchup or BBQ sauce, and you’ve got flavor that’s off the charts.
- Noodle: Fan of pho or ramen? Who isn’t? A dash of sriracha seasoning in your broth will take your noodle game to new heights. Mix it with some hoisin or soy sauce, and it’s slurp city.
- Dry Seasoning: From meats and veggies to popcorn, this dry blend can coat it all. Mix it up with some other spices like paprika or cumin, and you’ll be the hero at the dinner table or your next snack attack.
- Egg-straordinary Eggs: No more boring scrambled eggs or omelets. Spice ’em up with sriracha seasoning, and your breakfast game will never be the same. Deviled eggs with a kick? Yes, please!
- Stir Fry Sauce: Want to whip up a quick stir fry that tastes like you slaved over it for hours? Whisk some sriracha seasoning with water, cornstarch, and a few other pantry staples, and boom – your weeknight dinner just got restaurant-worthy.
What Is The Nutrition Of Sriracha Seasoning:
Below is the nutritional value of Sriracha seasoning in a table format:
|Nutrient||Amount||% Daily Value*|